Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sorrento

So Heath and I got up early and made our way to Sorrento. It is the first town along the Amalfi coast. Heath drove and it only took about an hour (it was so nice to travel in a car again:). It was a gorgeous drive! Luscious green mountains on one side and the ocean on the other. I have been looking at pictures and reading about this place and watching it in movies and ooohing and aaahing...I can't believe I was actually there and got to see it for myself. We walked around a bit and then actually got 2 chairs and just laid in the sun for about 3 hours. You have to walk down this huge winding ramp to get to the bottom where the water is. There isn't much of a beach so they build these docks and put chairs on them. You have to rent them of course but it was a great. A lovely way to end a very active trip. We were very lucky with the weather too...it was cloudy this morning but as soon as we pulled into Sorrento the sun came out again. I actually got really sun-burnt...I hope I don't regret it when I'm sitting in a plane for 12 hours tomorrow:(

We are just going to hang out tonight and Heath is going to help me try to shove all my souvenirs into my suitcase. (I can't tell you how happy I am that I brought an extra suitcase along). Tomorrow will be a very long day but it will be good to have the comforts of home again (and a few more choices in clothing:). Can't wait to see you all again! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment